Comments Of The Week, Edition 57
Stab hands over curation duties to seasoned, revered commentator, iHusky.
Woman Attacked By A Shark In Newport Beach, Yesterday
10. “Feminists are demanding answers. ‘Why this attack did not occur to a man?'”
– Axel Foley, unconcerned with PC-ness. (16 upvotes)
Here’s Why Bruce Irons, Taj Burrow And Joel Parko Surfed The QS 1000 The CT Wish It Ran
9. “Fuck. I think I could even fit my barge arse inside some of those.”
– Clive Palmer, self-aware. (7 upvotes)
Gabriel Medina’s Title Run Heats Up; John Florence To Start His Reign
8. “My calls for Fiji:
-Turpel will call the the exact same turn 6 different words
-Turpel will call chest high waves “Epic conditions here at Cloudbreak”
-Turpel will annoy me
-Most the contest will run in shit conditions before getting big on the final day of the window
-Cavy will call me a fag at least 3 times
-Taj’s going away party will feed some Fijian coke dealer’s family for the next 10 years”
– david f, not watching his first webcast. (28 upvotes)
“David is looking for something big down the line. Pottz, what do you reckon?”
– Joe Turpentine, stirring david f’s pot. (14 upvotes)
Kanoa Igarashi Challenges Keanu Asing To A Fight
7. “The 80-90’s tour guys would hold a UFC fight just to get the bucket of Coronas that went untouched with these guys.”
– Trashapple, nostalgic. (6 upvotes)
The Gentlemen’s Guide To Regenerating Lost Brain Cells With Koa Smith
6. “5 minutes of absolute fucking garbage, eat goji berries and acai all week and then see how many bags of ketamine I can snort at Coachella on the weekend.”
– Noa’s last dart, not one for double standards. (26 upvotes)
Shane Dorian’s Philosophy To Fatherhood Is How You Wish You Were Raised
5. “I wonder if for punishment Jackson has to sit in the corner and watch In God’s Hands?”
– dontneednochokebrain, pondering the deep stuff. (16 upvotes)
Taj Burrow’s Celebratory Barber Shop!
4. “Mikey wright is furious due to copyright issues.”
– HIV-, well spotted. (29 upvotes)
A Craft Brewery Named Desire
(Stab staff pick, since obviously iHusky wouldn’t pick himself…)
3. “I invest in beer week in, week out. And all it’s paid me in, is kidney disease.”
– iHusky, real talk. (12 upvotes)
The Modom Shark Deterrent Leash Is Finally Here
2. “Hey civilians, fellow surfer here just wondering if this is the same modom as the one I’ve got for my internet at home?”
– Melroy bergstein, just… brilliant. (29 upvotes)
Nev Hyman Wins Good Design Award For Cyclone-Proof Modular Homes
1. “This Hyman’s design looks impenetrable.”
– Michael Newman, tastefully crude. (23 upvotes)
Unlocked: Kael Walsh, Rolo Montes, And Al Cleland Jr In ‘Saturn’
Quik’s new 20-minute surf film is so good you’ll want to burn a DVD of…
How Surfers Get Paid, Episode 4
The energy drinks are here. They’ve got millions of dollars, and they want your head.
‘Saturn’ Orbits Into Southern California
Quiksilver's newest film made landfall in Encinitas, and we were there to document the occasion.
The Vans Triple Crown Of Surfing Returns In 2023
Can anyone beat John Florence and Carissa Moore in a three-week window?
What Will Airs Look Like In 10 Years?
The final installment of our editorial exploration into the nuances of airborne surfing.
Can A South African Cavern Queen With No Pipeline Experience Do Well At The Vans Pipe Masters?
Sophie Bell will have a steep learning curve in Hawaii.
After Years Of Tragic Shark Attacks, Surf Competition Returns To Reunion Island — And A CT Event Could Follow
"We compete at J-Bay and Margarets where there's the same problem." -Johanne Defay
Sharing Tubes And Hummus In The Middle East’s Surfing Jewel: Israel
No Contest does Tel Aviv!
Joao Chianca Wants A Pipeline Rematch With JJF
And ain't afraid to ride more foam to do it in the Vans Pipe Masters.
An Unorthodox Marriage Of Science And Surf
Cliff Kapono and The Mega Lab are changing stereotypes on all fronts.
Harry Bryant Dumps Crutches, Visualizes Pipeline Pits After Snapping Leg
“For once in my life, I’m taking something a bit more serious."
What If You Bought This Sumatran Surf Camp For $690k?
Making a blue print out of surfing's most recurring day dream.
Sierra Kerr On Greasing Full Rotes, Making Dad Cry & Her Concussion @ VSHPBME
'I haven’t got my license yet, but I'm thinking of buying a little truck.'
“There Definitely Needs To Be More Girls That Try Airs”
Caity Simmers' thoughts on her Vans Pipe Masters debut.
Preview: Who’s John John Florence Flushing Down The Haleiwa Toilet Bowl?
The final event of the CS schedule is almost upon us. Let's dissect.
How A Magic Island Birthed One Of The Most Radical Surf And Skate Scenes In The World
Mateus Herdy, Pedro Barros and friends in Red Bull x Stab's No Contest, Brazil.