4 Fully Grown Adults Ride 4 Ft Boards - Stab Mag

Watch: The Electric Acid Surfboard Test, Starring Shaun Manners


4 Fully Grown Adults Ride 4 Ft Boards

“Turns out they’re built for power surfing” – S.U.R.F challenge two: Undersize.

cinema // Oct 23, 2023
Words by Stab
Reading Time: < 1 minute

Watch episode one of S.U.R.F here.

Generally speaking, most boards we ride are taller than our collarbones. 

But what if they only reached your belly button?

In the second episode of S.U.R.F., our surfers were partnered up with a shaper of their choosing to hand-shape, paint and then surf a board. The only stipulation was: the board must be under four feet tall

Jaleesa commissioned the help of Neal Purchase Jr, Krooky chose Luke Daniels, Vinnie selected Dom Sullivan, and Ozzy didn’t not appoint Joel Fitzgerald. 

Then they got judged by our panel of nine (semi-)local expert judges: Stace Galbraith, Jacob Boylan, Kahu Andronicus, Karis Simmons, Josie Pendergast, Danny Wills, Vaughan Blakey, Shinya Dalby and Pauline Menczer — to determine who did best. 

The experts determine 70% of the vote. The remaining 30% will be decided by the audience vote at our screening party in Byron on the 27th of October – which you should come to and tell all your friends about.

Details below:

  • Location: The Byron Bowlo @ 18 – 20 Marvell Street, Byron Bay.
  • Kick off at 5pm until close. Feel free to come early and roll the shoulder over.
  • Free beers until they run out

We hope to see you there.


Comments are a Stab Premium feature. Gotta join to talk shop.

Already a member? Sign In

Want to join? Sign Up


Most Recent

Watch Live: Day One Of The 2023 Vans Pipe Masters

Clear skies and flexing Pipeline.

Dec 9, 2023

The SEOTY Bitcoin Is Up To $63K AUD, 14 People Are In Contention To Win It

(Re)watch the lot of them and tell us your favorite. 

Dec 9, 2023

Kainehe Hunt Still Hasn’t Washed His Truck

The 6’6″ tall 21-year-old from Kauai recalls getting the best Backdoor pit ever recorded.

Dec 9, 2023

A Fortuitous Forecast And $420,000 In Cash Faces A Draw Littered With Florence Brothers And Slab Specialist

The Vans Pipe Masters is gonna be a pit fest.

Dec 8, 2023

Interview: Noa Deane Has A One-Eyed Pony Named Larry David + A $10 Film Called ‘Mash’ Out Now

On barbecuing cash making surf films, why Hawaii is emotional, Nozvid getting ripped down on…

Dec 8, 2023

The 13th And Final 2023 SEOTY Entry: Zoe McDougal In “I Love You”

Dear Zoe’s Ex (es), simmer down, this isn't about you.

Dec 7, 2023

Former Releases Shaun Manners’ Debut Roadman Range

Perfect threads for the travellin' man.

Dec 7, 2023

Is This The Best Backdoor Pit Ever Caught On Camera?

Watch Kainehe Hunt’s 8-second tube from Pipe to OTW today. 

Dec 7, 2023

Red Bull No Contest Trips Over The Transkei, Sampling The Rainbow Nation’s Vast + Variegated Surf Culture 

Eat the many fruits of Jordy Smith, Mikey February and ‘Surprise’ Maphumulo’s backyard!

Dec 6, 2023

Full Frame: Tosh Tudor’s Black’s Beach Excavation

Jimmicane explains a water-angled San Diego gem.

Dec 6, 2023

Unlocked: ‘Growing Normal On The Phone’ — A Visual Epitaph To Shaun Manners’ Adolescence

"I was accelerating so fast in a certain direction that I kinda ricocheted off into…

Dec 6, 2023

Tahitian Government “Pauses” Construction Of Teahupo’o Tower After Mass Backlash

A positive case of "Stick-it-to-the-man-eosis".

Dec 6, 2023

Russia’s Best Surfer Won A National Title In A Lake Before Posting Up In Indo 

Nikita Avdeev plans to shed light on Russia's begrudging surf scene.

Dec 6, 2023

Surfing And Cricket: Sports Of Lords

The only things worse than watching paint dry.

Dec 5, 2023

Watch Now: We Scored Mainland Italy With Leonardo Fioravanti 

Bet you didn't know the Mediterranean Sea could look like this.

Dec 4, 2023

World #4 Joao Chianca Hospitalised After Multiple-Wave Hold Down At Pipe

“His board was tombstoning and when they got to it, he was stuck at the…

Dec 3, 2023

Why Is The WSL (Really) Not Going To J-Bay In 2024?

An analysis of politics, exchange rates and sponsorship dollars at South Africa's premier point.

Dec 3, 2023

Teahupo’o Reef “Massacred” By Olympic Barge

Should surfers boycott the IOC?

Dec 3, 2023