Best Wetsuits 2020: 7Till8 Custom-Tailored 3/2
A tailored fit for those of strange proportions.
Raise your hand if you’ve ever had a wetsuit that truly fit. Like, every single part of you. Arms, legs, shoulders, neck, that little flap beneath your pits, groin, glutes, etc.
For those of you who aren’t exactly 5’10 x 165 lbs. of evenly distributed tissue, let me introduce 7till8. They make custom-tailored wetsuits for the flatties, the daddies, the dwarves (me), and other freaks of physiology to whom the standard cuts don’t quite conform.
The process for acquiring a 7till8 custom-fitted suit is simple:
- elect a friend who can help you measure different body parts (editor’s note: do NOT choose your mom)
- set up a Zoom call with one of 7till8’s fitting specialists.
- seductively disrobe while the fitting specialist yells, “Um, that’s actually not necessary for this type of fitting. Please stop! Sir!”
- settle on a misdemeanor sexual harassment suit
- you’re now ready to begin measuring. The specialist will guide you and your assistant through about 15 different measurements.
- While measuring various body parts, your assistant will read the numbers aloud so that the specialist can record them while making judgy comments (“Was that 34-and-a-quarter for the chest? Hmmm…”)
- Ten minutes later, your ego is battered but you’ve successfully outlined your exterior
- Three weeks later, a custom-fit wetsuit arrives at your door!
I must admit, unboxing the 7till8 suit and seeing my body’s “true” form was shocking. Either I am a terribly misshapen human being, or all the other wetsuit brands have set impossible body standards.
Whatever the case, the suit fit like a charm and I’d like to speak with God’s manager.
Now, this should come as no surprise considering the amount of care they put into each and every suit, but 7till8 only uses the finest Yamamoto neoprene, which is widely considered the best, most hydrophobic wetsuit material on the planet. Pair this with a personalized fit, and it’s little surprise 7till8 scored so highly in both the warmth and comfort categories of our test.
Bonus: 5 for customization
Donald Brink and Matt Biolos Win Mick Fanning’s Electric Acid Surfboard Test
And we had a party in Oceanside to celebrate.
Kanoa Igarashi and Kirra Pinkerton Answer Call Of Duty, Win Medals Of Honor In 2022 ISA World Games
Teams Japan, USA, and France move into Victor’s Village.
The Best Euro Surf Trips That Mightn’t Be On Your Radar
Want to know which less-trodden nation offers the most potential?
Former CT Surfer Chris Davidson Passes Away At Age 45
A radical life tragically ends outside a bar in New South Wales.
The Team Ukraine Interview
“There are mines near the shore, and already a lot of people have died…so it’s…
Mormaii Founder Raided By Brazilian Feds On Suspicion Of Plotting Against Democracy
Curiously, he's the second surf brand founder to become entangled in a political scandal of…
The Electric Acid Surfboard Test With Mick Fanning, Episode 4
There are three boards left. Which one is Mick taking home?
Photos: Welcome To Vans Stab High Indonesia, Presented By Monster Energy
Welcome to Lakey Peak. Now do airs.
Taro Watanabe Is The Love Child Of Your Favorite 80’s Surfers
Watch his new edit 'Sonic Youth' now.
The Four-Finned, Carbon-Wrapped, Vacuum-Bagged Board That Won The 2022 World Title
The minds behind Sharp Eye and Dark Arts break down Filipe's winning plank.
Selema Masekela Discusses The New Film “Sweet Adventure,” A New Love For El Salvador and His Not-So-New Music Career
"It's literally the entirety of my life coming full circle in a way that I…
Does The 1-to-6 Foot Surfboard Exist?
Pushing the Channel Islands NeckBeard 3 to its absolute limits in a new Joyride review.
Life Comes At You Fast — So Does This Hectic Indo Clip
Finn McGill and a full-speed stint in Southeast Asia
Interview: Afghanistan Surf Champion Afridun Amu
From refugee to constitutional lawyer to university lecturer to Afghan surfing icon.
Bong Make ‘Another Good Call’ By Poaching Stab Cinematographer For West Oz Clip
Shut up, is that Occy doing punts?!