The Eyewear Worn By Some Of Surfing’s Most Influential
The Epokhe team’s picks from a very good range.
The Epokhe team is a tight, yet colourful one. And just as those who create, wear and represent the eyewear are, the range is excellent and varied. There’s a little something in there for everyone, whether you like the movie star classic of the Dylan, the speed chic of the Candy, or something a little more refined. Epokhe also just dropped a case of new styles on their dot com. Below are the styles that the Epokhe family are most partial to…
1. NON in Polished Black. This is my new favourite. Looks smart but not too flashy. Feel like I can wear it anywhere. Dion was the brains behind this one. When we got the first samples in Italy, it was like Christmas. It’s comfortable to wear and based on a frame Bob Dylan wore throughout his career.
2. DYLAN in Gloss Black, Blue Lens. I wore this a ton before the newly-released NON. We spent a long time designing this special frame with our good friend Dylan Rieder. His really premium design standards produced such an epic silhouette. A portion of sales on the Dylan are going to the Dylan Rieder Foundation.
3. NON in Havana Polished. Yep, if I’m not wearing black I’ll be wearing the Havana polished.
1. The Candy in Black. The Candy is my favourite frame in the Epokhe range because it feels sturdy, fits well and looks amazing. It’s also hand crafted from raw acetate. I think Creed and the design team at Epokhe did a brilliant job creating this frame.
2. The Dylan in Matte Black. The Dylan frame is classic. Dylan Rieder was an amazing talent and a style icon, and his influence on today’s generation is unquestionable. I also think the promotional video that was released in conjunction with ‘The Dylan’ frame is incredible.
3. Poezd in Crystal Matte/Gold/Bronze. The Poezd is the perfect unisex frame. It’s comfortable and durable, even with its slender build. Like the Candy, it seems to look good on anyone. It’s a versatile frame that’s appropriate for any occasion.
The three below are all real nice-looking shades and suit most head types. Especially my large dome.
1. Neto in Tortoise polished. The new stuff is sick! Tortoise polished Neto with the gold trims is my go to.
1. NON. My go-to frame at the moment is the NON. Super simple, classic, easy to wear and super comfortable.
2. Dylan. But I’m always a sucker for the Dylan. We designed this frame together a few years ago and it’s one of my favourites. He always said that anything he designed had to look amazing on girls, and this frame certainly does that, but also looks pretty smash hot on guys, too.
3. Neto. The new Neto. I wear this frame if I want something bit fancy.
1. BORIS in Matte Black. My favourite, ‘cause I love how chunky they are. I’m not a bold guy but these frames feel pretty bold.
2. RENACA in Matte Tortoise. It’s a go-to for me, as they are a very classic frame and just simply fit anyone.
3. NAZAR. I have never been a wire frame kinda shade wearer but these have a nice hybrid feel to them. More solid than your standard metal/ acetate combo frame.
1. I like the Candy because of the fast, angry look they have, but at the same time they’re pretty casual and not too over-the-top.
2. The Dylan is a timeless shade. They suit everyone who puts them on. You feel cool as in them.
3. The Klara is one of my favourites because of how comfortably they sit on your face. And, I love the NLP purple they come in…
Pipe Preview: This Year Feels Different
With John and Gabs healthy — and the arrival of the femme next-gen — here’s…
WSL Tells Competitors: ‘You Better Like Them Apples’
Will mandating competitors to wear Apple Watches make the 2023 tour more or less engaging?
Stab Surfer of the Year: John John Florence, Italo Ferreira, Balaram Stack, Rolo Montes, and Shaun Manners
Day 9: "You can't do better than his year last year." - John John Florence
Full Moon Surfs, Impassable Puddles, And A Few Nights Spent Sleeping In A WSL Commentary Booth
A reader-submitted collection of nonconformist surf stories.
Kael Walsh Now Owns A Bitcoin, And Watched One Crypto Video
He’s officially your Stab Edit Of The Year champion.
Carissa Moore And Finn McGill Are Your 2023 Vans Triple Crown Of Surfing Champions
They both pocket $50k and tickets to this year’s Vans Pipe Masters.
The Pick-Up, Presented By Vans, Episode 5
Mason Ho helps us ring in our final week on the North Shore.
Goofyfoot Brazilian World Champion Stars In Stab’s Biggest Board-Testing Franchise
Can you guess who?
Surf Community Rallies To Raise Funds For Eddie Winner And On-Duty Hawaiian Lifeguard Luke Shepardson
Because it's the right thing to do, of course.
Interview: Caity Simmers On Machete Wars, Rihanna, Personal Project Problems, And The Rise Of Female Surf Content.
A toast to ‘Toasted.’
Stab Surfer of the Year: Creed McTaggart, Albee Layer, Laura Enever, Dane Guduaskas, and Selema Masekela
Day 8: "65 years young and charging just as hard as ever at Pipe, Backdoor,…
“I’m Not A Big Wave Guy”
How Kai Paula accidentally made his mark at Jaws three weeks after surfing it for…
A toes in the sand, phone in the lagoon account of the 10th Eddie Aikau…
Breaking: Another CT Rookie Injured Before First Event
Sophie McCulloch pulls out of Pipeline due to Snapper Rocks snafu.
Watch: ‘Toasted,’ By Caity Simmers
Your favorite surfer directs, edits, and stars in her first feature film.
On-Duty North Shore Lifeguard Luke Shepardson Wins The Eddie Aikau
Local man prevails over 39 big-wave heavyweights at 29ft @ 19 seconds Waimea.
The Eddie Aikau Invitational Is On
Grab a beverage and enjoy surfing's Super Bowl Sunday