WSL Hits Replay On Scaled Down Version Of Challenger Series For 2024
Two pointbreaks, four beachies, and 128 surfers.
Wondering if the WSL was going to beef up the Challenger Series schedule after slashing Haleiwa and France last year?
Here’s your answer:
The Woz has announced their 2024 Challenger Series schedule, which is essentially a carbon copy of 2023’s lean/mean qualifying tour. Like last year, there will be no Round of 96 (the humanity!), with 80 men and 48 women vying for 10 and 5 CT spots respectively.
The spots will be allocated as follows:
- 12 men and seven women from the CT who did not make the Mid-season Cut,
- 10 men and five women from the previous year’s Challenger Series rankings,
- Three men and two women who were CT surfers in the prior season that did not requalify for either the CT or the Challenger Series,
- 49 men and 30 women as allocated by the seven WSL regions (Australia, North America, Europe, and South America all receive 7 spots and a wildcard, Hawaii and Asia both receive 5 spots and a wildcard, Africa receives 4 spots and a wildcard)
- The men’s 2023 World Junior Champion
- The women’s 2023 World Junior Champion
- Five men’s and three women’s wildcards per event.
See you in April.
This Week, 272 Surfers Will Battle Through 20 Rounds For 18 Remaining Olympic Spots
Your 2024 ISA World Games preview.
With Two Events Down, What Story Is The CT Leaderboard Telling us?
We plugged past and present Pros, and an official surfing odds setter, for their post-Hawaii…
John Florence Would Have Submitted A Different Pyzel For Stab In The Dark?
Plus, Jon Pyzel reflects on his Episode 03 cameo and predicts our 2024 SITD champ.
A Rare Glimpse Of Caity Simmers And Jordy Smith In The Same Freesurf Edit
Watch the #2 and #4 ranked CT surfers share an Indonesian playground with some Stab…
“The Grom’s In Her Place” — Molly Picklum And Jack Robinson Win 2024 Hurley Pro Sunset
A clean sweep for Australia's gen Z!
Why Did Sawyer Lindblad Get A Paddling Interference Today At Sunset, If Jack Robbo Didn’t In 2019?
A critical analysis of WSL judging past and present.
Brisa Hennessy Has The Best Sunset Rizz, Caity + BLSJ Sample New Sticks
Day three recap of the Hurley Pro.
Stab In The Dark With Kolohe Andino, Episode 3
Five boards face off for two Finals spots and Jon Pyzel infiltrates the set to…
Can We Reverse Engineer The 100-Foot Wave?
We calculated the buoy reading for the surf to reach triple digits.
Stab High Site + World Surfing Reserve Playa Hermosa Is Under Threat
What’s happening in Costa Rica?
Brazil + San Clemente Crumble, Florence Puts The Mandoline To Work
Ewing, Slater and Medina sliced on day two of the Hurley Pro @ Sunset.
Soupy Sunset Skewers Three Wildcards, Jordy Smith Nicks Top Score Donning A Single Bootie
Day one recap of the Hurley Pro.
What The Super Bowl Taught Us About Filipe, Carissa, And Steph
And how the WSL Finals may cost us even more champions.
Nathan Florence, Matt Meola, Rob Machado Start All-American Light Beer Company
"It's cheap, it's light, and you can drink it all day if you want. We’re…
Stab Edit Of The Year 2024: Sierra Kerr In “Pre-Kerrsor”
Plus, we ask Sierra if World Titles belong exclusively to Gen Z now.