Five really good reasons to watch this John John Florence clip right now
John John Florence has been getting plenty of airplay recently. He has been on a tear and he’s been the man to entertain on world tour event webcasts. Here’s why you’re going to enjoy this short surfing compilation: 1. This edit is a greatest hits from his web clips and ASP events in recent memory. […]
John John Florence has been getting plenty of airplay recently. He has been on a tear and he’s been the man to entertain on world tour event webcasts. Here’s why you’re going to enjoy this short surfing compilation:
1. This edit is a greatest hits from his web clips and ASP events in recent memory. Greatest hits albums usually signify the end. But not so here.
2. Speaking of ASP events: What’s the difference between a freesurfing JJF and a contest JJF? A coloured singlet and that’s about it. Evidence within.
3. John has a way smaller board churn than other world tour surfers. Once he finds a board he likes, he takes it from continent to continent. Look how often you’ll see the same boards in this clip.
4. He’s been the best surfer in the last three world tour events. No surprises there with a win, a runner-up and a third.
5. And, why is John so unique? He rides waves differently. His style can be unorthodox but he has his own flavour. “I never wanted anyone to tell me how to surf,” John told Stab. “Someone telling you to do a turn here, or to put your hands like that has never really appealed to me.”
Hassling, Head-Dips, and Broken Apple Watches
The 2023 CT is underway. Here's what happened on Day One of the Billabong Pro…
Stephanie Gilmore And Filipe Toledo Are The 2022 Stab Surfers Of The Year
Caity and Hughie take Best Juniors, “NOZ VID” wins best film, and Ho and Pringle…
Red Bulls, Crypto Bears, Former’s Six-Figure Fish, Tyler’s Multi-Millions And More
A brief catalog of the latest surf industry news and whispers.
“Definitely The First Time I’ve Gone Surfing Via Plane”
Parker Coffin, Harrison Roach, and friends tear through NZ on Roark's most well-rounded surf trip…
Pipe Preview: This Year Feels Different
With John and Gabs healthy — and the arrival of the femme next-gen — here’s…
WSL Tells Competitors: ‘You Better Like Them Apples’
Will mandating competitors to wear Apple Watches make the 2023 tour more or less engaging?
Stab Surfer of the Year: John John Florence, Italo Ferreira, Balaram Stack, Rolo Montes, and Shaun Manners
Day 9: "You can't do better than his year last year." - John John Florence
Full Moon Surfs, Impassable Puddles, And A Few Nights Spent Sleeping In A WSL Commentary Booth
A reader-submitted collection of nonconformist surf stories.
Kael Walsh Now Owns A Bitcoin, And Watched One Crypto Video
He’s officially your Stab Edit Of The Year champion.
Carissa Moore And Finn McGill Are Your 2023 Vans Triple Crown Of Surfing Champions
They both pocket $50k and tickets to this year’s Vans Pipe Masters.
The Pick-Up, Presented By Vans, Episode 5
Mason Ho helps us ring in our final week on the North Shore.
Goofyfoot Brazilian World Champion Stars In Stab’s Biggest Board-Testing Franchise
Can you guess who?
Surf Community Rallies To Raise Funds For Eddie Winner And On-Duty Hawaiian Lifeguard Luke Shepardson
Because it's the right thing to do, of course.
Interview: Caity Simmers On Machete Wars, Rihanna, Personal Project Problems, And The Rise Of Female Surf Content.
A toast to ‘Toasted.’
Stab Surfer of the Year: Creed McTaggart, Albee Layer, Laura Enever, Dane Guduaskas, and Selema Masekela
Day 8: "65 years young and charging just as hard as ever at Pipe, Backdoor,…
“I’m Not A Big Wave Guy”
How Kai Paula accidentally made his mark at Jaws three weeks after surfing it for…