Calling North American Surf Writers
We want you.
EDITOR’S NOTE: The submission period for this job has closed, but feel free to write us with specific story ideas.
We’d like to announce that we’re officially on the search for the next great North American surf writer to come work with us in our Oceanside office.
For this writing position, we’re looking for someone with the following traits:
– Immense surf knowledge: Specializing in a single area is fine, but you must have sufficient knowledge of modern surf history, culture, and competition. To test your expertise, we’ll ask you to take this quiz and include a screenshot of your results with your email submission (and don’t try to cheat by taking the test twice, we’ll double-check).
– Clever, efficient, and upbeat writing: We don’t care if you’ve been published before or if you went to journalism school. We just want someone who’s passionate about surfing, clever, and a voracious learner.
– A general understanding of social media platforms and practices: A large part of this job will be sourcing content for, and posting on, Stab’s various social media platforms: Instagram, Youtube, Tik Tok and beyond. The more you know about these channels, the better.
Does this sound like you? Submit a job request to [email protected] (subject line: Hire me) with the following attachments.
– Fill out the below questionnaire (it’s more fun than a CV, promise)
– Include a sample of your writing (if you don’t have anything on file, scribble 300-500 words on something you’re passionate about in surfing)
– Include a screenshot of your Stab Innocents quiz score
That’s it. You’re (almost) hired. We’ll get back to you soon.
Stab Writer Questionnaire
Instagram/Tik Tok/Twitter handle(s):
Highest form of education you’ve completed:
Where do you live now?
Where did you grow up?
How long have you been surfing?
What’s your favorite surfboard and why?
Favorite surf film and why?
Can you move to Oceanside and start a new life in the next 4-6 weeks?
What are the three biggest unreported stories in surfing right now?
Behold Australia’s Nine & NZ’s Two Challenger Series Qualifiers*
May the Southern Cross smile upon you at Snapper.
Long Read: Pete Beachy Is No Bore
The life and times of an off-the-grid Alaskan surf pioneer who claims to cure cancer.
Sun Room: The Overnight Success Of A Young Surf Band
What's it like touring the world and living off of McDonald's?
How Surfers Get Paid, Episode 6
An instructional manual for the modern professional surfer
Globe Pulls Out Of The Apparel Game
…and, Taj Burrow and Dion Agius are now looking for new main sponsors.
Owen Wright Announces Retirement From Competitive And Heavy-Water Surfing
But will surf final CT event at Bells.
Fancy An Ale, Some Good Music, And A Bunch Of Tubes?
Ballet's minimalist full-length will satiate your needs.
Take Stab’s 2023 Audience Survey, Win A 3-Board Quiver
Stab towels and Premium subscriptions also up or grabs.
Jessi Miley Dyer On The New Challenger Series Schedule And More
Did you know that you could miss the mid-year cut and still theoretically win the…
Don’t Miss The Last Wave Of The First 2023 SEOTY Entry
Jacob Willcox's ‘Into Dust’ just set the bar.
Warren Smith on New Welcome Rivers Range and Buying Jaguars on Facebook Marketplace
Now available in the Antipodes...
Wavegarden Spills How The Sausage Is Made
BTS of their global air wave rollout ft. Yago Dora, Dion Agius, Reef Heazlewood and…
Minds, Machines, And The Magic Of Hands
How modern shapers split their time between designing files and hand-finishing boards.
Are Hectic Lefts The Final Finless Frontier?
William Aliotti is on the right-foot-forward fringes.
Comments are a Stab Premium feature. Gotta join to talk shop.
Already a member? Sign In
Want to join? Sign Up