Talented Surfers, Apply Here: Snapt4 Wants You In Their Film
Here’s how you enter, and potentially win, the Fuser wildcard.
Snapt4 was originally scheduled for Summer 2020. You’ll never guess why they postponed.
The new release date is Summer 2021, and while that may be devastating to content-hungry viewers, it’s great news for anyone who thinks they rip.
…Do you think you rip? Well, then you’ll want to read the next part of this story very carefully, as it will explain (in excruciating but vital detail) how you might earn a place in Snapt4 by winning the Fuser wildcard.
Much like life itself, this will be a social media contest. Here goes:
1. You must post your submission on Aug 4th on your Instagram. Note that this says ON August 4th. Not “on or before August 4th”. ON August 4th. You can start posting as of 8 am PST. No sooner, and not much later.
2. The submission post must be a surfing video between 50 seconds and 3 minutes in length. Anything over 1 minute will sit on IGTV.
3. You can use old or new clips. Land a sick Passion Pop in ’07? Now’s the time to reduce, reuse, recycle.
4. You must specifically mention in the caption that your clip is a submission to get the @fusergame wildcard into @snapt4. Don’t make them guess. @ them.
5. Tell your friends to vote for you on the @snapt4 page. Another caption requirement. Also much to your benefit. Because…
6. There will be a wildcard post on the @snapt4 IG on August 4th at 8 am. “Voting” (aka commenting) will be done here. The surfer whose IG handle shows up most in the comments, wins. Oh, and you can only vote once.
7. In order for votes to count you have to be following @fusergame & @snapt4. They just want to be friends.
8. Voting starts Aug 4th at 8 am and ends Aug 6th at 3 pm PST. You’re not busy those days, are you?
9. They will announce the winner on August 7th, via Stab. That’s us!
And in case you’re wondering how you’ll stack up against other wildcard chasers, here’s a list of some of the surfers we know will be submitting:
1. Kevin Schulz
2. Jacob Szekely
3. Caio Ibelli
4 Taj Lindblad
5. Maxime Huscenot
6. Anthony Fillingim
7. Kevin Cortez
8. Robbie McCormick
9. Dusty Payne
10. Kaito Kino
And if you can get through those guys, here’s who you’d have to beat to win the $40k grand prize for best part in Snapt4 (keep in mind, you’ll have 10 months to compile your official Snapt4 section after winning the wildcard):
- Mason Ho
- Jack Robinson
- Seth Moniz
- Clay Marzo
- Ian Crane
- Benji Brand
- Asher Pacey
- Parker Coffin
- Eithan Osborne
- Carlos Munoz
- Sheldon Paishon
- Dakota Walters
- Josh Moniz
- Zeke Lau
Long Read: An Angel At My Table
From Stab Issue 15, October 2006: Chris Davidson has one more shot at the big…
Watch: Kalani David’s Last Dance
A final surf part from the Hawaiian surf/skate prodigy.
Taylor Steele Won’t Let Surf Filmmaking Die Without a Fight
Movies shown, filmmaking advice, punk rock at the 2022 Solento Surf Festival.
Wait, Are We Going To See Moana Jones In The Olympics At Teahupo’o?
Team USA (women) and Japan (men) should be able to choose anyone they want to…
Donald Brink and Matt Biolos Win Mick Fanning’s Electric Acid Surfboard Test
And we had a party in Oceanside to celebrate.
Kanoa Igarashi and Kirra Pinkerton Answer Call Of Duty, Win Medals Of Honor In 2022 ISA World Games
Teams Japan, USA, and France move into Victor’s Village.
The Best Euro Surf Trips That Mightn’t Be On Your Radar
Want to know which less-trodden nation offers the most potential?
Former CT Surfer Chris Davidson Passes Away At Age 45
A radical life tragically ends outside a bar in New South Wales.
The Team Ukraine Interview
“There are mines near the shore, and already a lot of people have died…so it’s…
Mormaii Founder Raided By Brazilian Feds On Suspicion Of Plotting Against Democracy
Curiously, he's the second surf brand founder to become entangled in a political scandal of…
The Electric Acid Surfboard Test With Mick Fanning, Episode 4
There are three boards left. Which one is Mick taking home?
Photos: Welcome To Vans Stab High Indonesia, Presented By Monster Energy
Welcome to Lakey Peak. Now do airs.
Taro Watanabe Is The Love Child Of Your Favorite 80’s Surfers
Watch his new edit 'Sonic Youth' now.
The Four-Finned, Carbon-Wrapped, Vacuum-Bagged Board That Won The 2022 World Title
The minds behind Sharp Eye and Dark Arts break down Filipe's winning plank.