We Are Hiring: Video Editor and Marketing Intern
Unlock your summer gig here:
Our summers at Stab are off to a blistering start with projects like Stab Highway Europe, Stab High, Season 2 of How Surfers Get Paid, The Best Surfing I’ve Ever Seen, and secret sauce that’s not even a blip on your cellular devices. To keep things moving fast—we’re looking for motivated individuals interested in an immersive summer internship in digital surf media.
This is a great opportunity to grow with our boutique publishing and digital media environment. Because we’re a small team, we all wear a number of hats, and these roles will be very much like that.
Below are the positions we are looking to fill. Please submit your application by June 23rd to be considered.
Job Title: In-House Paid Video Editor Internship
Location: Oceanside, CA
We are seeking a creative individual with a knack for the tools to assist our lead editing team. You will work closely with the marketing team to create engaging social assets and surfer profiles, assist on our North Star projects like Stab High, Stab Highway, and The Electric Acid Surfboard Test. A successful candidate will have a willingness to learn, a passion for surf culture, media trends, and proficient in the Adobe Suite (specifically Premiere Pro). There is potential for full-time employment once the internship period is complete.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with the production team on short-form and long-form video projects that nurture and expand our Stab Premium audience.
- Create engaging social media assets for YT, Instagram, TikTok, and Facebook in line with our best practices
- Consistently meet internal and commercial deadlines for all projects
- Work with our Art Director to ensure all assets adhere to our brand guidelines
- Manage and organize project files and video assets
What We’re Looking For:
- Ability to drive to Oceanside 4-5 days per week
- Interest in full time employment
- Availability starting July 1st
- Willingness to learn— you thrive on feedback
- High proficiency in Premiere Pro
- Portfolio of previous surf-centric video editing projects
- Knowledge of surf culture and our Stab Premium films.
- Passion for social media and creating social assets.
- Keen eye for visual storytelling.
This is a paid internship with flexible hours.
Interested candidates can email their portfolios to [email protected], along with their favorite Stab film and a reason or two why.
Job Title: In-House Junior Marketing Intern
Location: Oceanside, CA
We are seeking a highly motivated and creative individual to support our marketing team. You’ll get to work with new and established surf brands, learn commercial content marketing, assist with on-site activations, and help our social media team. The intern will come to the office three days a week and work with our team to drive the growth of Stab Premium.
What You’ll Do
- Assist in the execution of social media campaigns on various platforms (Especially TIKTOK)
- Work cross-functionally with production, commercial, and editorial teams.
- Conduct research and analyze data to inform marketing strategies
- Assist in planning and execution of Stab Premium Video Premieres
- Monitor and report on the performance of marketing campaigns.
- Provide general administrative support to the marketing team as needed.
What We’re Looking For
- Vast knowledge of surf culture
- Have a vehicle and able to travel to Oceanside office 3 days per week
- Availability starting July 1st
- Able to attend events on the weekend
- Ability to get school credit
- Strong attention to detail
- Love for TikTok
- Self-driven, able to get things done
- Flexible schedule
- Students with education and/or work experience in marketing preferred
This unpaid summer internship is designed for students seeking marketing experience and college credits.
Interested candidates can email their resumes to [email protected] along with their favorite TikTok account.
Want to know more about Stab? Luckily, a whole site is dedicated to that— go dive.
Note: Stab is an equal-opportunity employer. Stab employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, and any other protected status
Why Jason Momoa Had A 26-Year Old Kauaian Surfer Write His United Nations Speech
Maluhia Kinimaka reminds us that professional surfing, science, and helping the planet are not mutually…
Maxed Out In France
Massive swell provides both ample playing field and entertainment for second day of competition at…
Is Australia’s Investment In Youth Surfing Working? A HP Coach Breaks Down The Model
Watch: ‘Limitless’ ft Lennix Smith, Hughie Vaughan, Sierra Kerr and Isi Campbell and decide for…
Who Makes The Best Surfboards In 2023?
According to our survey of 7000 people, you and Italo might have similar taste.
A Tube Festival Within A Festival
Two-for-one deals all day at the Quiksilver Festival.
Full Frame: “There’s No Lineups, It’s Breaking All Over, You Just Have To Be In The Right Place At The Right Time When A Bomb Comes In”
Brett Barley on Hatteras Island, by Daniel Pullen
Long Read: Stradbroke In The Subcontinent
Chasing beachbreak bliss in Prohibition-era India.
Stab Recommends: Xcel Comp X Fullsuit
A suit that increases blood-flow and protects against burglars.
How Kipp Caddy Got KO’d + Tore His Hamstring Paddling An Outer-Reef Bombie
It involves a friend’s 8'4" spearing him in the head…
How Surfers Get Paid Season 2, Episode 2
Loyalty and the Royalty of the Performance Surfboard.
The Surprising Link Between Neoprene And The USA’s ‘Cancer Alley’
A forthcoming documentary called 'The Big Sea' will change how you look at wetsuits.
Radioactive Wastewater From Fukushima’s Nuclear Power Plant Is Being Dumped In The Pacific Ocean
What does releasing 500 Olympic swimming pools of fission fondue mean for surfing?
Meet Aranui 5: The 126m, 103-Cabin Luxury Cruise Ship & Home To Olympic Surfers At Teahupo’o 2024
Who's gonna get the Presidential Suite?
Here’s How The Surfers Feel About The 2024 Schedule
Kelly Slater, Caroline Marks, and nine other CTers share their thoughts.
Risk Reward: The Dickhead Index
Sam McIntosh explains Stab's business model in light of a recent editorial slip.
Surfing’s Chief Of Sport Explains Why The WSL Finals Will Remain At Lower Trestles
The Stab Interview: Jessi Miley-Dyer
Full Frame: A Loaded Scoop Of Emerald Green
Russell Bierke in Ireland, by Arthur Picard.